Thursday, August 27, 2009

What am I doing here?

I have no idea.

Ya know, up to now I thought blogging was a load of nonsense. Just a bunch of Dungeons & Dragon types sitting in their rooms/cubicles/hospitals (delete as applicable), typing out a far more interesting life than they actually had. Or worse still, a bunch of self-promoting egotists preaching into a mostly un-interested cyberspace.

And now I'm here, starting my own. What's changed? Well, anyone that knows me knows I'm usually not short of something to say about most subjects. So now I get to do it here instead of boring my friends and colleagues (usually as drunk as I am, mind you).

And I attended an event today about online marketing and social networking (I handle PR and Marketing for work), and I was surprised to find myself intrigued by the bloggers who attended the event. They were normal, funny, entertaining, just regular guys. And suddenly the blog that I had considered writing didn't seem such a ridiculous proposition after all.

So, what to write about? My bf just asked me that very question - "What the hell do you have to write about?" Well, anything I feel like. The world's my oyster.


Shit. I need to go have a really really long think......

No comments:

Post a Comment